Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pad Them and They Will Grow

Every day it seems I notice something new about my daughter, because she's changing so much, so fast.  Like when she was little-  those first few years she grew so much, hitting different milestones it seemed every day.  Having a pre-teen daughter is much the same.

I was sitting in the living room and she walked by...  faded jeans and a tank top.  I was again amazed at the changes taking place, from her little body, to the contours of her face and even the way she carries herself.  I also noticed, peeking out the back of her tank top not one, not two, but three colorful straps.

'Hey, are you wearing three bras???'

She turned, looking suddenly like a little girl again.  'Um, yeah.'

'Why?' I asked, suspecting the answer.

'Well...  my friends all wear C cups, but I'm a B.  I thought if I wore three bras they might grow faster.'

I always swore that I would never laugh at moments like this...  but damn.  Took some explaining about genetics (no way is she going to join the little-bitty-tittie-committee) and patience but I think she understood...  she's only wearing one bra now.

No comments:

Post a Comment