Sunday, March 29, 2009

Allie, MaKayla is stuck in the washing machine!

I have two roommates, who have three little girls.  When their three and my one all manage to play sweetly together, I am thrilled.  The sounds of them all running through the house this afternoon playing hide'n'seek were wonderful.

Until.

An adorable 8 year old comes running up to me and states (with a large smile) 'Allie, MaKayla is stuck in the washing machine.'

I get up, prepared to be angry because really, she's 12 and should know better.  I enter the laundry room and sure enough, there she is.  Now try to get a mental picture of this mess:  My daughter is 5'2", and weight 95lbs.  Her butt is in, her legs are in.  Her knees are to her chest with that post between her legs.  She looks at me, obviously trying to decided if smiling is a very good idea...  it isn't.

It took dumping laundry soap on her, filling the machine with a couple gallons of water, three people and about 45 minutes....

To realize we couldn't get her out.  I called the fire department.

The conversation with 911 went about as you can imagine...  until she asked the age of the child...  laughter ensued.

So it ended up taking 2 more hours, 3 firemen and the jaws of life to free my child of the predicament she got herself into.

And she calls ME re-re.

2 comments:

  1. heh heh... that's my niece.... nice to know the nut doesn't fall far from the nut tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... too bad the little girls I was talking about are now being exposed to a dirty sex offender... parenting at it's best, right?

    ReplyDelete