Friday, March 27, 2009

'I'm not going to cuddle with you EVER again!'

So my 12 year old daughter has continued to sleep with me for the last 19 months...  reasons for this can be found in my other blog.  Some nights, I would manage to piss her off-  it could be a comment, a request made or just my very existence that was irritating her at that particular moment.

Anyhow, we will go to bed and she will ball herself up at the bottom corner of the bed without any blankets and state firmly, 'I'm not going to cuddle with you EVER again!'

90% of the time I don't say a word.  I know that as soon as she thinks I'm sleeping she will carefully make her way back up to me, curling herself into my side.

However, the other 10%....

I can't help but to say, 'I thought you weren't cuddling me EVER again?'

And then I smile and shake my head in the dark as she throws herself back down to the corner of the bed, knowing that when we wake up, she'll be curled up to my side.

I sure do love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment