Friday, March 27, 2009

I slid right into stupid

When she was little, she would pucker up her lips and say kiss me.  Now, she rolls her eyes as she walks away.  Just two years ago she thought I was the smartest mommy in the world...  in a very short time I slid right into stupid.

She doesn't like the music I listen to anymore, (although purposely listening to Johnny Cash while doing the funky white girl dance at every available stop light probably doesn't help) thinks my clothes are boring and my movie choices are 're-re'. ( I finally figured out that re-re means really retarded...  after two months of her calling me that on myspace.)

To be fair, I don't like most of her music (Jonas Brothers deserve a special place in hell), I think she is delusional with the skinny jeans and her movie choices....  one more cheesy teen movie and I will hang myself with her pink clip-on hair extensions.

I'm waiting for that glorious day when a light comes on in her beautiful blue eyes, proof she has figured out that while I may not be the smartest mommy in the world, I'm not totally 're-re'.

No comments:

Post a Comment